YO ASS IS ASLEEP.
I was training one of my Superstar Athletes on Monday, and the session was the bomb for a few reasons.
- She reached out a few times and finally locked in with me over time; we always stayed connected because I earned her trust and it lit me up!
- She's helped me with my marketing in a few ways and such a wise young person.
- She's dope and started her own company that recently valued over 2mili (Black women really go CRAZY.)
- She couldn't feel her BOOTY during the workout.
Now, you'd think, "Who works out and can't feel they ass??" You'd be surprised ... trust me.
It's super common for folks outside of the training world to muddle through booty/glute/cake workouts while not being genuinely connected to the most sought after Bootyeus I mean Glutes Maximus.
For a few reasons, though :
- They sit on it all day.
- They never fatigued muscle intentionally.
- Your butt is weak.
- You are not training them consciously.
- They haven't been "Activated."
Now, there's probably a lot more reasons, but in my opinion, these are the most common that EYE sees.
I'm not here to talk your head off, so let's get down to the nitty-gritty. Here is how you get the most out of your Ass. A pun in intended lol
- Warm your butt up on purpose, with a few exercises that target most areas.
- Abductors/Fire Hydrants targets glute medius and light your butt on fire. You will most likely fatigue these muscles quickly, but that's what we want to do to make our Main work more effective. You feel them early.
- Deep squat holds - you target your glutes at the BOTTOM of the squats; the more profound the squats, the better IF you're able to maintain good form. Using a pole or wall to hold the squat, keep your chest upright, and think to hold about 10-20s.
- Glute bridge holds - if you want to "Activate" any muscle, a quick way is to use a weekly technique. We do a standard rep that follows a hold or static rep. We are actively engaging through the range of motion and focusing intently on the hold rep to get the most out of the rep. These can be intense, but you'll really feel the muscles you're aiming to work.
These 3 tips will, for sure, make for a better glute day and help you feel and get the most out of your workout. We won't do too much extra fluff; let's make sure you get the most out of your training.
Implement these into your next glute day, and let me know how you feel!
I have a Glute Focused Program, where I train you remotely on how to grow your glutes. Hit this link if you'd like more help 😊